Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ME

Here's a list of things that make me happy (in no particular order). Figured it was a good way to start out.

*My house in Chicago, it's filled with love from my husband Andy and our two cats, Storm and Jaromir
*Urban Belly and Spacca Napoli (if you live in Chicago and have not been to these restaurants Go. Now.)
*Jumping into the ocean after completing the St. Croix 70.3. Seriously, it gets me through the last mile
*Lance Armstrong (yeah, that's right, I'm a big fan)
*Tour de France (I go through withdrawal when it is over)
*yoga
*my parents and the toughest woman in the world, Ama (my 97 year old grandmother)
*The morning after a race, the ultimate in relaxation
*Having dreams and believing in them no matter what anyone says
*breakfast after a long workout
*greek yogurt, fruit and almond butter---preferably all mixed together
*Bob Marley
*Watching my swimmers do things they did not think were possible and seeing them smile
*Cleaning my bike
*birkenstocks
*hot weather
*long climbs
*Vitamin D (yes, I know, skin cancer is a concern but I wear sunscreen)
*being strong
*reading a good book (about animals or athletes are usually my favorites)
*Weeds and Sex and The City
*Bravo TV (yes, love those trashy shows)
*2 weeks off after a long season (but I do get antsy)
*dedication
*A solid Computrainer workout (but don't ask me this in March, then I am on CT overload)
*BBQ
*Olympics
*New Zealand and Hawaii
*Cupcakes (from Sweet Mandy B's)
*Endorphins
*Doing something that seemed impossible on paper
*Compression tights (only in private, try not to wear them in public)

So, that's a little about me and what makes me tick. Since this is a blog filled with optimism, hopes and dreams I will not post a list of things that make me unhappy. I want to focus on the things that make me smile. There is way too much negative in the world. I want to make this blog a positive place. Yeah, pretty cheesy. But, I do like yoga so this is going to be a place to take a deep breath, refocus and find your chi. Namaste!

3 comments:

  1. Damn! You look good in a wetsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You smoked Nina Kraft on that swim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I am excited you have a blog!

    Love your list! I may have to try that.

    What's the next race for you?

    ReplyDelete