Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Update

It has been pretty routine for me lately. Swim practice, training, swim practice, dinner. That is my day in a nutshell. Meets have started so my weekends are busy as well. I have been ramping up the training just a bit, doing a few random cyclocross races and I have started running more! Very happy about that development. The heel is feeling much better. I have gotten my right calf all stretched out and that has helped a ton. Plus I have been sleeping with the Strassburg Sock and it has worked very well.

I went for a ride the other morning and ended up in a cab with something sitting next to me on the seat that I don't think should have been there :)






Another shot of my broken bike. Luckily I did not fall off when the pedal flew off behind me.



I sent Andy a picture and he said "glad you are all right, but that sucks, it ruined your workout." For sure, that was my concern too. Luckily I did a "do over" ride the next morning on the road bike while the crank got fixed. No biggie, luckily I have a lot of bikes.


The weather has been beautiful this weekend and I am heading to a cyclocross race and then a trail run after the race. Fun stuff, can't wait to be outside for the day. Fall has been pretty, however. We have a Japanese maple in the backyard that turned a gorgeous bright red. I like fall, hate winter. I think I would enjoy fall more if winter did not follow it. Oh well, I'll make it through the cold. Just more riding on the computrainer catching up on trashy TV. Maybe I will organize a trip down to Tucson to train with Hillary.


No comments:

Post a Comment