Friday, February 12, 2010

Sir, That is Too Much Cologne!

Training has been going well. We got a good amount of snow (not quite as much as the East Coast) so a lot of my quality training has been done inside. I don't mind running outside in the cold but when I have to run "fast" and there is ice I just don't want to take the risk of falling and hurting myself. I am a little clumsy so the chance is always there :)

However, today I got outside for a transition run after my bike ride. I ran by a guy getting into his car and he had so much cologne on I started coughing. Now, may I remind you, I was OUTSIDE. I can not even imagine what being in an enclosed space with this guy would have been like.

As far as the UIC team goes we are getting ready for our conference meet that begins in less than two weeks. I can't believe how fast it is approaching. The swimmers are in the midst of taper and getting more energetic and nervous. I am excited to watch them swim at the end of the year. Of course, as it is with most years, I am sure there will be ups and downs. As a coach I will have to be there in the good (always easier) and ready to help and be supportive in the challenging times. Here is my inspirational video of the day, hopefully it will help me be a better coach too!


No comments:

Post a Comment