Thursday, June 24, 2010

Coming up for Air


The past few weeks after Hawaii got a little busy. I recovered well, put in some good training and then headed back to Chicago for a packing party at our house. We also went to a wedding while in town, had a very fancy meal at Moto and hit up Sweet Mandy B's for cupcakes and cookies.

Cuban Cigar Sandwich at Moto. The "ash" is spice. Amazing food.

Needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the weekend and was looking forward to getting back to Napa to train and rest. Packing all day really took it out of me. I had a planned a 10k road race while in town but when I could not get to sleep and had been standing for 2 days straight I was a no show on race morning. Instead, I slept in and rode my Cross bike on the Lakefront. I even took an Adamo saddle back to Chicago to put on the bike because just looking a regular saddle now makes me cringe...OUCH!

Andy and I are happily back in Napa. I am training hard, recovering and catching up on sleep. We have a wedding tomorrow and my former teammate Shannon is coming in because she is a bridesmaid so we have our first house guest (besides family). Vineman is up next. Excited to compete in my new local race.

So, that's it. Easy day today after hill repeats up Atlas yesterday. My next post will be more thoughtful...I just wanted to update because I know my parents have probably been waiting. One last thing...Wimbledon, go Isner! What an amazing match. Props to Mahut as well, no one should lose a match like that; they are both warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment