Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bastille Day!

It is Bastille Day!


It is also our 5th Anniversary!


Five years ago we gathered with our friends and family to get married on the island of Kauai. It was an amazing time. We rented a house on Tunnels Beach with our friends. Reverend Ho married us in a traditional Hawaiian ceremony on Thursday afternoon.

Things were a bit different 5 years ago:

-we had just purchased our house in Chicago
-we just got Storm (our cat) but did not have Jaromir (he came along in August)
-I had done two triathlons and was preparing for my first 1/2 ironman (Miami Man in November)
-I was working as a paralegal

It has been an amazing 5 years. Many things have changed. We have moved. I am no longer a paralegal. We ride bikes a bit more often.

I was happy the day we were married but I am even happier now to say that I am sharing my life with such a wonderful husband and I look forward to many more years together.

As Andy would say, "the past 5 years have felt like 5 minutes....underwater!"

I love you husband! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment: