Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's One of the Three....

I was getting ready to head down into town for a swim yesterday (I will repeat, a S.W.I.M) when, in the span of 5 minutes, I mistakenly referred to the swim workout as a bike ride and then a run. Never mind the fact that I had already finished a bike workout 3 hours earlier; I was still confused about what I was getting ready to do. Andy then reminded me about the other day when he asked about my upcoming ride and I replied, in a snippy fashion, "it's not a ride, my upcoming workout is a RUN." I guess it is a hazard of the job, it's usually 1 of the 3 so what is the difference. We resigned to just saying "have a good time doing 1 of the 3."

The last few weeks have been challenging and I have found myself aboard the pain train. This is usually a good thing but after an extremely challenging bike workout including some very long hill climbs my right glut decided to go on strike.

Luckily, I was due for a couple easy days and the glut has started to play nice. I have included several massages among workouts, stretching and icing. It's always refreshing to schedule a massage appointment knowing that you need your a** massaged for 60-90 minutes. This triathlon thing is not so glamourous and requires little modesty at certain moments. Luckily, modest is not something I am so dealing with having my a** massaged has not been a problem. As an aside, I don't think I would be able to pee in a bucket before my wedding a la' Bethenny Frankel so I do have some moesty. However, I have been known to sneak behind trees on rides and runs for a potty break so maybe I don't have the limits I thought I did. Again, a bucket in your wedding dress? A little over the top for me. It was being filmed as well! That is a lot of pressure to perform.

Vineman is in 7 days and I am looking forward to soaking up some rest this week. I am sure my body will thank me. I am excited to race in my home race, just put the bike in the car and drive over. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment